Gosh, it feels like Christmas!...with book giveaways and blog awards all wrapped in pretty digital red bows. (No tinsel, please. Not even digital tinsel. That stuff gets everywhere.)
Monday pushed me out of bed and kicked me in the face, and lo! One of my favorite bloggers, the amazing Peggy Eddleman left me one of those digitally wrapped presents (without tinsel) - the Liebster award, which spotlights up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers.
(German lesson: "liebster" basically means "dearest" - a term for close friends. Oh, and just so you know, the word "liebling" means "favorite." So see, it kinda makes since...okay, maybe I'm giving more details than you really care. I like foreign languages.)
See, look. It's pretty:
Now I get to play Santa (see, I told you. Christmas!) and pass them around with good tidings (and no tinsel)!
Here are the rules:
(1) Thank the giver (Thanks, Peggy, you're attitude is awesome!...but you really need to stop posting pictures of cookies in the morning...) and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
(2) Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
(3) Copy and paste the award on your blog.
(4) Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
(5) And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
So here's my list, and please go visit these great people!
1. Laura Josephsen - One of my favorite people/bloggers/writers (can someone please invent a term that encompasses all of these things?) She's an awesome writer who blogs a lot about writing and her experiences with publishing.
2. Donna K. Weaver - So Donna doesn't really fit the <200, BUT her posts about writing and grammar (THANK YOU!) and everything else pertaining to the literary world is awesome!
3. Lindsay N. Currie - She's got such a beautiful blog! And she writes a ton of great posts about writing and the writing community.
4. Beth at Of Muses and Meringues - Um, food AND books AND travel? Exploding from too much goodness...
5. Julie at From Pen to Paper - I love the way Julie writes - about writing, about books, about, well, everything! Her posts are so fun to read.